Walsh Bay Parking
The nearest car parking is at Interpark Bond Store One, 26 Hickson Road Walsh Bay (next door to the theatre).
Please note that Towns Place Wilson Car Park on Hickson Road closes for renovations from 23 April 2014 for 12-18 months.
Public ferry, train and bus services operate to and from The Rocks and Circular Quay. Sydney Theatre is a 15 minute walk from Circular Quay and Wynyard.
Bus Service for Hickson Road
As well as buses servicing Circular Quay, the 433 and 431 Balmain & Glebe Point bus to Millers Point run selected services up George Street into The Rocks.
In addition, route 998 operates from 9pm to 4.30am every Friday and Saturday linking Hickson Road with Town Hall Station via Wynyard. Buses run every 30 minutes between these times.
Please contact Sydney Buses for accurate timetables and bus information: sydneybuses.info or telephone 131 500.
Taxis regularly service Hickson Road and can collect and drop off right outside Sydney Theatre.
Hickson Rd has metered parking and they are for a maximum of 4 hours.
Make sure you arrive at least 1/2 hr prior to the performance starting time as it can take more than 10 minutes to park, get to the theatre and be seated in time.
George Street and Hickson Road are closed between Alfred Street and Pottinger Street, from 10pm and 3am each Friday and Saturday night. Access to Sydney Theatre is only be available from the Western end of Hickson Rd between these times.
Getting to Sydney Theatre on foot
From the bus stops, ferry wharves or train station at Circular Quay, it's just a 15 minute walk to Sydney Theatre. Follow these directions for the quickest route through the historic Rocks area.
- From Circular Quay, head west and then north along George Street, passing the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Turn left and cut through the pedestrianised area of Argyle Street, continuing up the hill and under the Harbour Bridge overpass.
- Turn right into Lower Fort Street at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (known as the Garrison Church).
- Cross at the intersection of Windmill Street (by the historic Hero of Waterloo hotel), heading down the cobblestone path opposite, then through the Windmill Street reserve.
- Then simply take the stairs down to Hickson Road, and Sydney Theatre is immediately to your left.
View Map (Opens in new window)